Director of Finance and Accounting
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Who are we:
Paperless Parts is a Boston-based Series B SaaS company, backed by OpenView, that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a cloud-based software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. Paperless Parts is the most powerful quoting tool for manufacturers. We bring modern and secure software solutions to the manufacturing industry with a mission to help manufacturers be more efficient in the quoting, sales, and estimating process. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last year.
Paperless Parts offers a collaborative space full of motivated and hard-working team members. We’re creators and doers with a shared ambition to make a difference in the future of manufacturing and looking for driven individuals to join our growing team.
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
We are on a mission to make manufacturing more accessible by streamlining the last mile of the industrial supply chain with modern software. As the team’s lead finance person, you’ll be responsible for refining and building structure in our finance processes to support scaling the company. You will own the financials, monthly closings, and yearly audit process. Your role will be both tactical and strategic in your support of operating the business. You will drive the creation of financial materials for quarterly board meetings, financings, and potential M&A opportunities. You will own reconciliation of both departmental and company-wide budgets.
Who you are:
You are naturally curious and eager to ask “why” to truly understand a problem. You have a startup mentality and are comfortable in an environment that moves quickly and easily. You believe in delivering incremental value to customers. You’re excited about the business impact of your work and can work collaboratively with key stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, and People functions.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define vision and strategy for financial systems and flow of information to drive efficiency in customer billing and business operations
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilize financial data and key performance indicator metrics to advise stakeholders on the pace of scaling the company
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic, and other business decisions along with presentations to the board
- Partner with and coach stakeholders in other functions to develop and align departmental budgets and forecasts
- Own the day-to-day accounting including AP and AR
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and requires US Citizenship or Green Card holder.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of relevant analytical experience in accounting, FP&A, etc.
- Significant analytical skillset, including the utilization of BI and reporting tools
- Strong quantitative abilities and ability to solve complex problems
- Preferred experience with funding rounds, merger's and acquisitions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, including writing macros in Excel and other accounting packages
- Professional qualification such as CA or CPA or CFA
- Travel to customers as needed, COVID vaccination required
Paperless Parts Life
Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
Culture: This is a start-up - we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice - there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA and across the street from the North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our offices.
Benefits: We offer competitive pay and unlimited PTO as we recognize that our team works hard and we ask that you take time when you need it. We provide 10 paid holidays, company sponsored wellness/gym, and stock options. We also cover 100% of healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan; Dental premiums through Delta Dental, and EyeMed Vision premiums for you and your dependents, because we value your health, and the health of your most important people. We provide company sponsored Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability, and offer Voluntary Life (including spouse and children) as well as FSA and Commuter pre-tax programs. 401k plan coming 2/1/2022.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.