- Boston, MA
- Full Time
Who are we:
Paperless Parts is a Boston-based Series B SaaS company, backed by OpenView, that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a cloud-based software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. Paperless Parts is the most powerful quoting tool for manufacturers. We bring modern and secure software solutions to the manufacturing industry with a mission to help manufacturers be more efficient in the quoting, sales, and estimating process. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last year.
Paperless Parts offers a collaborative space full of motivated and hard-working team members. We’re creators and doers with a shared ambition to make a difference in the future of manufacturing and looking for driven individuals to join our growing team.
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
Relationships matter and that’s especially true in the manufacturing industry. We know that our company accelerates faster when we can meet more manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, OEMs, partners, and competitors in-person. In 2021, and with heightened safety procedures, Paperless Parts made a return to in-person events and built a significant sales pipeline as a result, while building meaningful relationships.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Events Manager will be a key player in Paperless Part’s growth. They will collaborate cross-functionally and externally with event stakeholders, coordinating tradeshow and event strategy and execution from identification of events through contracts, planning and logistics, and completion. They will support brand awareness and recognition that supports the growth of the company. They will be responsible for overseeing budget allocation across initiatives, as well as complementary programming, maintaining events-specific onboarding and enablement materials, and report on event outcomes wile consistently improving our ability to measure event ROI. This person must be able to travel and attend events across the country to represent Paperless Parts. This role offers career growth opportunities as well as equity in the company.
Who You Are:
You are experienced in events management, field marketing, or a related field, preferably in a SaaS and/or start-up setting. You are extremely organized and can communicate clearly, both written and verbal, and confident in your abilities to create and execute an events strategy that elevates our brand and chances of success in both the short and long term. You are looking for a high-growth company that will provide you the opportunity to enhance your existing skills while challenging you to stretch beyond them. You practice extreme ownership and enjoy working collaboratively across the organization to create value and maximize ROI for every event opportunity. You are comfortable being at the forefront of an evolving program (ie, you will be helping build the playbooks, not inheriting one).
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
- Manage Paperless Parts’ annual trade show and event strategy to support the company’s customer acquisition acceleration and revenue growth
- Work with Paperless Parts executives to select which events to attend, sponsor, exhibit, and/or present at based on company-wide goals, budget, and sales territory strategy
- Act as the Paperless Parts liaison between event organizers and the company, coordinating event logistics and additional programming for engagements
- Identify new events where a Paperless Parts presence would be valuable and demonstrate the expected ROI, and create metrics to measure
- Build and execute a territory plan with Account Executives for CEO dinners
- Refine and enhance our trade show playbook to make the program scalable and repeatable
- Work with Sales Ops & Enablement to track event outcomes; leverage data to drive strategy and events decision making
- Build strong relationships with event organizers, associations, and partners that will maximize company revenue and opportunities
- Leverage data to plan, allocate budget, and execute in collaboration with the Director of Marketing
- Develop and maintain company enablement materials around attending events, maximizing ROI at events, and trade show playbooks for future team members
- Travel to events, clients, and partners; COVID-19 vaccination required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years experience in events management, field marketing, or related field, preferably for a SaaS company
- Ability to build new relationships and grow current relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail, with the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel likely 2-3 times per months to events, job shops, and partner sites; COVID-19 vaccination is required
- This role may require work/travel on the weekends and evening work during event execution
Paperless Parts Life
Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
Culture: This is a start-up - we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice - there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA and across the street from the North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our offices.
Benefits: We offer competitive pay and unlimited PTO as we recognize that our team works hard and we ask that you take time when you need it. We provide 10 paid holidays, company sponsored wellness/gym, and stock options. We also cover 100% of healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan; Dental premiums through Delta Dental, and EyeMed Vision premiums for you and your dependents, because we value your health, and the health of your most important people. We provide company sponsored Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability, and offer Voluntary Life (including spouse and children) as well as FSA and Commuter pre-tax programs. 401k plan coming 2/1/2022.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.