Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Who We Are:
Paperless Parts is a Boston-based Series B SaaS company backed by OpenView that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a cloud-based software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. Paperless Parts is the most powerful quoting tool for manufacturers. We bring modern and secure software solutions to the manufacturing industry with a mission to help manufacturers be more efficient in the quoting, sales, and estimating process. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last year.
Paperless Parts offers a collaborative space full of motivated and hard working team members. We’re creators and doers with a shared ambition to make a difference in the future of manufacturing and looking for driven individuals to join our growing team.
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
Paperless Parts is looking for passionate, results-oriented Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who are passionate about quality and writing automated tests within application development teams.
Opportunities are available to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end services and integrations. You will own the design and implementation of automated tests that will help ensure the quality of code supporting major deliverables working closely with Developers, Product Management, Design and Architecture. Scaling, reusability, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows.
As your contribution to test coverage grows there will be opportunities to work on developing both application code and the test code that accompanies it.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about the value that test automation can bring to a growing company.
- You are ready to help a growth phase company advance through its next phase of growth.
- You can work through the chaos and disorder of a small but fast-growing company.
- You have the skills and confidence to create and execute against a quality plan that delivers customer value.
- You are responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
The SDET’s responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain automated test cases, execute test suites, review and diagnose reported bugs, and ensure overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Work with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years as an SDET, developer, or QA Engineer
- Demonstrated proficiency writing code and automated tests
- Able to work on EST and live within three hours of it
Paperless Parts Life
Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
Culture: This is a start-up - we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice - there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA and across the street from the North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our offices.
Benefits: We offer competitive pay and unlimited PTO as we recognize that our team works hard and we ask that you take time when you need it. We provide 10 paid holidays, company sponsored wellness/gym, and stock options. We also cover 100% of healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan; Dental premiums through Delta Dental, and EyeMed Vision premiums for you and your dependents, because we value your health, and the health of your most important people. We provide company sponsored Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability, and offer Voluntary Life (including spouse and children) as well as FSA and Commuter pre-tax programs. 401k plan coming 2/1/2022.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.