Customer Support Specialist
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Customer Success
- Mid Level
Who are we:
Paperless Parts is a Boston-based Series B SaaS company, backed by OpenView, that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a cloud-based software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. Paperless Parts is the most powerful quoting tool for manufacturers. We bring modern and secure software solutions to the manufacturing industry with a mission to help manufacturers be more efficient in the quoting, sales, and estimating process. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last year.
Paperless Parts offers a collaborative space full of motivated and hard-working team members. We’re creators and doers with a shared ambition to make a difference in the future of manufacturing and looking for driven individuals to join our growing team.
Due to the nature of our business and interaction with external clients, Paperless Parts has a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (Unvaccinated persons may request medical or religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis).
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Supports Specialist that can guide, advise, and answer questions for customers as they leverage the Paperless Parts platform. Our ideal candidate is passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences and working collaboratively across the organization to solve problems. You’ll become proficient in the Paperless Parts platform and work closely with manufacturers to enable their success throughout the customer journey. You’ll recognize common needs of our customer base and proactively identify resources and documentation that will enhance the customer experience. You will summarize product feedback and participate in the product stakeholder meeting.
Who you are:
You have a high attention to detail and take an analytical approach to solving problems. You thrive on dynamic customer situations and take pride in delivering positive outcomes for customers. You are someone who seeks solutions that will create a better experience for customers as well as our internal team. You are someone who can find technical solutions to problems while also being empathetic to customer needs. You are resourceful with an ability to operate fairly independently.
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws and require US Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
As a Support Specialist, you will:
- Become an expert in the Paperless Parts platform and provide customers with world-class support
- Deliver exceptional product support for customers across multiple channels including our Ticketing System, In-Product Chat, Video Calls/Screen Share
- Apply rigorous problem-solving approach to determine customer issues, triage support tickets, and drive resolution
- Collaborate and effectively engage with other departments to solve individual customer and platform issues
- Elevate the voice of the customer by creating and accurately tagging product support/feedback tickets
- Learn how to navigate the Paperless Parts pricing engine that was written using P3L, our domain specific programming language based on Python
- Identify and implement strategies that improve customers quoting results
- Identify possible opportunities for revenue growth and improved customer engagement
- Discover and share best practices and efficiencies to improve product support.
- Travel to customer site on occasion, COVID-19 vaccination required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Analytics, or related field
- 1-3 years experience in Product Support, Implementation, Onboarding or relevant field preferred
- Ability to make decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience, and judgement sometimes with incomplete information and under tight SLAs.
- Driven by customer focus with a bias toward taking action and solving problems for customers
- Strong prioritization skills with an ability to focus on activities that drive the most value for customers
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and multitask (e.g. ability to chat with a customer while researching issues or reviewing documentation)
- Balance multiple projects, including the creation of support content for the platform and writing P3L for customers.
- Love working in a team environment and have a genuine desire to help customers grow and change their business.
Paperless Parts Life
Team: You will be joining a highly driven, ambitious, experienced, and motivated team that is dedicated to changing the future of the manufacturing industry.
Culture: This is a start-up - we work hard, but also celebrate our wins together. We recognize the hard work of our teammates, help where we can, share feedback, and constantly push each other to improve. Everyone in the company has a voice - there are no politics here, just a shared mission and strong desire to succeed.
Location: Our headquarters is located in the bustling West End neighborhood of Boston, MA and across the street from the North Station for easy access from most transit routes (1 minute walk from Orange/Green line, 3 minute walk from Commuter Rail, or 6 minute walk from Blue line).
Office: Our office has been intentionally designed for comfortable productivity, with a combination of open collaborative spaces, individual desks (with ergonomic chairs and adjustable height desks) and quiet focus areas. We have a foosball table, a rotating selection of beer on tap, and snacks. Employees and guests must be fully vaccinated to enter our offices.
Benefits: We offer competitive pay and unlimited PTO as we recognize that our team works hard and we ask that you take time when you need it. We provide 10 paid holidays, company sponsored wellness/gym, and stock options. We also cover 100% of healthcare premiums through Tufts Health Plan; Dental premiums through Delta Dental, and EyeMed Vision premiums for you and your dependents, because we value your health, and the health of your most important people. We provide company sponsored Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability, and offer Voluntary Life (including spouse and children) as well as FSA and Commuter pre-tax programs. 401k plan coming 2/1/2022.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.